Around the Stanislaw castle


Visite guidée autour du Château Stanislas Commercy

You will discover this unique heritage – the only one in Lorraine – together with a guide. From the square “Fer à Cheval” to the medieval foundations of the castle (only on request) including the Great Hall, you will live through the amazing story of this place again.

 

The visit lasts 1 hour. We are waiting for you to the Tourist Office of the Commercy area, at the entrance of the Stanislaw castle.

From 20 people: €4 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver

Less than 20 people: fixed price of €80


Museum of Ceramics and Ivory


This museum was created in 1997 thanks to the legacy of a passionate collector, Dr. Boyer. It houses the second most beautiful public collection of ivory items in France, which also belongs to the most beautiful European public collections. This heritage has been completed by gifts and purchases on the part of the City of Commercy together with the Meuse department.

The free tour lasts 45 minutes and the guided tour lasts 1 hour.
Guided tour from 20 people: €5.30 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver
Free tour from 10 people: €3.15 per person

 


Town hall of Euville – Art Nouveau style


Mairie d'Euville Art Nouveau Ecole de Nancy Pays de Commercy

The decision to build a new town hall in Euville was finally made in 1900. The architect Henri Gutton managed the construction. The city council wanted this new town hall to be a true advertisement for the Euville stone – the stone which made the village rich and famous. Some people even used to say that Euville was the richest village in France! Furthermore, it was the only local work which was assigned to the Nancy School.

 

You can also visit the Euville church; the guided tour lasts 1 hour.
Reservations at the Tourist Office of the Commercy area.

The St. Pierre’s and St. Paul’s church in Euville


The St. Pierre’s and St. Paul’s church was totally rebuilt in 1895 thanks to revenues from the Euville quarry. As its original design has been preserved, it is now classified as a French Historic Monument. Many artist took part in this work, as Eugène Vallin for the furniture and Emmanuel Champigneulle for the stained-glass windows. Both also took part in the construction of the town hall of Euville, the only local work built by the Nancy School.


It is included into the guided tour of the town hall of Euville!


From 20 people: €4 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver
Less than 20 people: fixed price of €80


Grande Carrière in Euville


visite guidée des carrières d'Euville Pays de Commercy

The quarries of the Land of Commercy have been exploited since Antiquity, but they became really famous at the end of the 19th century. They have been used to build the Louvre, the Grand and the Petit Palais, the Opéra, the Gare de l’Est, the Pont Alexandre III… in Paris, and the Royal Palace in Brussels.

 

The guided tour around the Grande Carrière and its galleries lasts 1 hour.
From 20 people: €4 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver

Less than 20 people: fixed price of €80

Exhibition “Euville stone, story of a myth”
The exhibition will open again during the spring.
The guided tour of the exhibition and the site of the Grande Carrière lasts 1 hour and a half.
From 20 people: €4 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver
Less than 20 people: fixed price of €80

 


"Circuit de la pierre"

Balade commentée avec un guide autour du site des carrières d'Euville.

Découvrez le site en 3h : anciennes carrières avec une approche géologique et historique, la

carrière de Rocamat toujours en activité, explications techniques de l'exploitation de la pierre.

A partir de 20 personnes : 7€/personnes

1 gratuité toutes les 20 personnes payantes + 1 chauffeur

Moins de 20 personnes : forfait de 140€

 



Abbey of Rangéval (North wing)


The Abbey of Rangéval is an abbey of Premonstratensians created in the 12th century by Hadwige, the wife of Thierry d’Apremont, who was part of this order. She received papal confirmations in 1179 and in 1186.


Guided tour on request at the Tourist Office of the Land of Commercy.
From 20 people: €4 per person; every 20th participant visits free of charge + free of charge for 1 driver
Less than 20 people: fixed price of €80


Fort of Liouville

Fort de Liouville (Partnership for the Conservation of the Fort of Liouville)
55300 APREMONT-LA-FORÊT
Tel : +33 (0)3 29 90 70 20 / +33 (0)7 83 36 05 25
www.fortdeliouville.canalblog.com
www.facebook.com/FortDeLiouville
fortdeliouville@laposte.net

Guided tours all year on request. For further information, please contact the partnership.



Museum of the “belle époque”

This private museum was opened in 2004. The owners, Mr and Mrs Lanèque, will be proud to present you the everyday objects and the know-how of the inhabitants of the Coasts of Meuse in the 20th century.


Group visits by reservation; the guided tour is free of charge and lasts 1 hour and a half.
Any donation is welcome for the upkeep of the museum!


Claudine and Bernard Lanèque
5 rue du Fort
55200 GÉVILLE
Tel : +33 (0)3 29 92 08 09

[Back]